Malak Ali Hassan is a trailblazer.
At 33, she is already the chief executive of her own company and making waves in the country’s architecture scene. Her passion? Environmentally friendly design for stand-alone ‘green’ villas with her quantity surveying and architecture firm 3Dimension.
Another of her ambitions is to establish a “green” organisation made up of female architects and designers that will push the case for new buildings in the UAE to be more sympathetic to the environment.
1. What are the main achievements in your life?
My main achievement is the great practical experience I gained after earning my Masters Degree in Urban Planning, and the establishment of my successful Architectural Consultancy Company that would hopefully motivate more female entrepreneurs to startup their own business.
2. What drives you to be at the Top of your Game? What are your success strategies?
- Defining strategies and planning of yearly goals;
- Hard work: living up to the proverb “no gain without pain”;
- Being creative, innovative, and inclined towards continuous improvement;
- Delegation, team work and motivation of staff;
- Respecting, caring for, satisfying and listening to customers, and providing them with great service, better design and innovative solutions;
- Learning, learning, learning and then implementing!
- Doing things right from the first time and making sure that quality is never compromised on;
- Carefully mobilising the most efficient resources!
- Determining relevant risks and seeking to avoid or mitigate them;
- Loving your work and being fair to employees. They actually do most of the work!
3. Finally, it is important for us to recognise the power of men in supporting women. Is there a man who has played an instrumental role in your personal growth and success? Who are they and how did they influence you?
Two great men motivated me and influenced my path: My father has played the instrumental role in my personal development and success, thanks to his great wisdom, seriousness and deep kindness. I have always looked up to him for guidance and inspiration. He is both my father and my best friend. And:
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid – who is a different kind of a Ruler: a Great Leader of his nation, a pioneer of Environmental Conservation & Green Economy, and a Visionary , who has changed the way UAE is developing.