The representation of ‘achieving what is possible’, Yusra al Hashimi is a true Gamechanger. She veered off her Engineering career track to follow her vision and instinct in creating one of the most successful Arab teaching institutions.
1. What are your biggest achievements?
Three years ago, I decided to open an Arabic Language institute to teach and share our rich Arabic language, both now and for future generations and contribute to the development of Arabic language learning, teaching and culture in UAE and the world and to build bridges with communities within the UAE and worldwide through Arabic language & culture and to become the specialized Centre of Excellence in teaching and learning Arabic language worldwide.
Today Iqra’a Arabic Language Center, is a successful and thriving hub of Arabic learning. Iqra’a has become known by teachers of Arabic as one of the top institutes for teaching Arabic.
2. What drives you to be at the top of your game? What are your success strategies?
- Nothing is impossible.
- We must take the initiative to create our own opportunities and successes rather than waiting for others to do it for us.
- Never let others successes or judgments be a benchmark or limiting factors to your own achievements.
- Time Management.
- Work hard and enjoy.
3. The GCC states, and the UAE within it, are going through major change when it comes to the involvement in business and society. What do you think is driving that?
- Change of direction.
- Encouraging the growth of the SME sectors.
4. Finally, it is important for us to recognise the power of men in supporting women. Is there a man who has played an instrumental role in your personal growth and success? Who are they and how did they influence you?
No direct impact to my success but I am happy that I am married to a man who allows me to achieve my goals.